Thursday, December 20, 2007

Nicaragua, my home away from home!


Whenever I travel to Nicaragua, I often end up facing this problem with the language barrier. But in spite of that, the people here are so friendly that they go out of their way to help you settle down. It is one beautiful place and I do not think that I have to say that again and again. One of the things that i really liked about Nicaragua this time around was the El Castillo del Cacao, the secret keeper of the chocolates. Yes, this is one castle that holds the secret to the making of some of the lovely chocolates that one can get here, so the next time you are down here, do not forget to visit the El Castillo del Cacao or to try out some of their famous chocolates.

Well, this time around, I travelled from Granada to this tiny place called San Juan del sur, at least at that time, I thought that it was a tiny place. But it was anything but that, it is a fishing village with miles of beautiful snow white beaches, it is almost like a paradise come true. This is indeed the beaches of all beaches, so pristine and so clear, one can also surf here, though I was not so adventurous to try that this time around.

Anyway, this place is just 2 hrs from Granada and there is also an international airport near here as well. I have to say that my stay in the San Juan del Sur Hotel was very pleasant at the very least and the hotel went out of its way to make sure that I enjoyed every bit of my stay in Nicaragua. If you are a bit worried about the language barrier, do not fret. This place and this hotel in particular make you feel so welcome that it will become your home away from home.

I did go sailing and I totally enjoyed that experience, by the way, I am a layman when it comes to sailing so i did not know that one has to bend over as the sail starts to swing. Yeah, I got knocked in the head, but still had a lot of fun. I do not think that if I had stayed in any of the other Nicaragua Hotels I would have had so much fun as I did here.

Nicaragua as a whole is so full of contrasts from the various beaches to the castle that guards the chocolate. It would probably take months to fully explore Nicaragua and its unique cuisine. So, if you are planning to come down to Nicaragua and want to share my experience, then you may want to come down to San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Have a good time, for I really did enjoy myself down here!

Share This Article

From here you can use the Social Web links to save This article to a social bookmarking site.

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

No comments: