Thursday, December 20, 2007

Corfu, the land of the mystery!



Corfu, the land of myths and legends is a place to 'must visit' at least once. I am sure that most of us must have grown up reading about the odyssey and the Iliad or we must have heard of them at the very least. This is the place where some of the heroes of those stories are alleged to have come . This is the soil of the ancients and I am sure that as you walk on the ancient shores of Corfu, you can almost hear the ancient bugles of war blaring out and the armoured men with their long spears dashing to their destination, Corfu. Corfu is a place that is always steeped in history and besides all that history it is also one of the most beautiful places that one can go to,for a vacation.
Corfu is an island where the Principal city is also called Corfu. The city of Corfu has two beautiful castles that surround it, it is kind of funny to see that the ancients thought that they needed two castles for protection, anyway that was for them to figure it out. The sights that one can see in Corfu; from the deserted village of Perithia in the mountains,kind of like the Mary Celeste, to the Byzantine Museum of Corfu are bound to leave one speechless.

I have to say that although there is a huge language barrier here, the people are so warm and friendly that they make you want to stay here for ever. The Corfu hotels here are really airy and comfortable to stay in. These hotels have some of the best sights that I have ever seen. would you not want to wake up every morning, go to your balcony and look down the cliff? That is the sight I had from my balcony.
The cuisine here is varied but one of the main things that one can always count on is the sea food.
The hotels in Corfu have a multitude of cuisines available for their hotel guests so I am sure that you will find everything to your liking. The Moussaka was really good and I will be posting about it later on here.

These Corfu accommodation is really easy on the wallet especially when one compares it to some of the mainland hotels. The customer service here is par excellence, I have to say that it is more than that, especially considering that they served me my dinner in the restaurant by 2 am without any complaint whatsoever and with a nice smile on their faces. The travel guide, the link to all of which I have given above, since it is the one that I used during my stay here in Corfu is really thorough and it also has this neat section on the night life here at Corfu as well. This is one travel guide with a difference! Hope you will all have the same fun travelling Corfu as I have had. Soon, I may make another post on Corfu but until then adieu!

Share This Article

From here you can use the Social Web links to save This article to a social bookmarking site.

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

No comments: