Friday, November 30, 2007

The Cordon Bleahhh!

There are good restaurants and then there are the ones that you wish never existed. This one belongs in the later, I have to say that for me, as far as the last 2 days have gone, it has been sadly disappointing to say the least. Well this restaurant is located in Chennai and it is called the cascade.


I do not want to give more details for the moment but you can always leave your comment here and I can get back to you. Lets talk about what happened at the cascade, well, I ordered for an asparagus soup. Lets just say that I became a cow when the soup came along, to say that the asparagus was partially cooked will be over estimating the dish. Then I had ordered for a Fish steak braised with lemon and wild mushrooms, well it was one wild dish all right.

The fish was overdone, flaky in parts and rubbery in the others, the lemon flavor was too powerful and override everything else and to make things more interesting, it seems that the kitchen has run out of Mushrooms. How on earth can a kitchen run out of mushrooms is really beyond me. And the desert was the clincher for me, I had asked for a Black forest cake, it seems that the chef went to one of those retail department stores, bought those cake slices that are readily available in the market, rubbed some cream on them and then put the whole thing onto my plate. It was a really interesting meal in more ways than one! Need I say more!

Share This Article

From here you can use the Social Web links to save This article to a social bookmarking site.

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

No comments: