Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dark cakes and a bright wedding!


I have always had a penchant for dark chocolate and that is what I had on my wedding day. True, people often say that white is the way to go, but then again, if everything was white then we all would probably end up suffering from a case of ‘whitewash’.

The wedding was a small affair, held in the neighborhood park. When I say that the whole neighborhood attended the affair that is exactly what happened. Lets just say that the whole neighborhood was at my gala affair and that pleased me more than anything else. They did not just saunter in and eat everything in sight [although my husbands friends did exactly that] but they actually chipped in and helped out, with the furniture and the setting as well.

The whole affair was conducted under one big canopy and it did kind of make me feel like as though I was at a circus. Kind of like the prize lamb being dragged of to ‘you know what’. I guess every bride ends up feeling a bit nervous at the final stage and hey, I was no exception to that. I was at the edge of my seat trying my best not to do a ‘Julia Roberts - Runaway bride’.

The one thing that did get me through that phase was the thought what the others would say when they saw that the cake was not a ceremonial one but a dark, dark one, oozing chocolate from all corners. I am sure that the young ones at my wedding were quite pleasantly surprised but for the rest of my orthodox family..
Well, that cake certainly made waves and I liked every moment of it. All I can say is that when it is your time to be wed, follow your heart and do not let the others do the talking for you. Dark, dark chocolate… one of a kind and my wedding too was one of a kind!

Share This Article

From here you can use the Social Web links to save This article to a social bookmarking site.

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

No comments: